Among the mandatory bureaucratic procedures for shipping companies, customs procedures are usually a very important issue and can be a headache, especially for foreigners.
There are four main types of documents and formalities that companies exporting by sea are required to complete:
- Commercial documents
- Transport documents
- Transportation insurance
- Certificates specific to your business sector
- Legalization of documents
Regarding tax/customs formalities, the paperwork required to export within the European Union is the least complicated, however, our operations department will guide you and your team for any procedure, no matter if it involves special permits and documentation.
- Pro forma invoice
- Commercial invoice
- List of contents
- Customs Invoice
- Consular Invoice
- Certificates of origin
- ATA and CPD notebooks
- Marine Bill of Lading
- FIATA Multimodal Shipping Knowledge
- Air Bill of Lading and road waybill if required.
Legalization of documents
- One-time legalization or Hague Apostille
- Legalization of public documents